Full set of handouts for all sessions : http://uas.alaska.edu/idc/workshops/may2016.html
- 9:30-10:45 Introductions/Course Design Showcase/Discussion (shared online session)
- 10:45-11:30 Quality Matters Overview (shared online session)
- Self and Peer Review of Online Courses
- 11:30-12:00 Discussion/Comments/Questions (shared online session)
- 12:00-1:30 Lunch Break (on your own)
- 1:30 – 2:00 “Flipping the Classroom” (shared online session)
- How do you get students to engage with the content ahead of time so that they come to “class” (in person or synchronous online) prepared to engage in discussion or other activities?
- 2:00 – 3:30 Video Workshop
- Introduction (shared online session) – posting and editing video on YouTube, YouTube alternatives
- Handouts here: www.uas.alaska.edu/idc/video
- Worktime (have a smart phone/tablet to create video – video samples also provided if you don’t)
- 3:30 – 5ish – worktime
Shared online sessions via Blackboard Collaborate – see the “WebMeeting” tab above.